Call for Paper
This is the Call for Papers for the 2nd Lean Kanban Central Europe conference, which takes place in Vienna, Oct 22-23 2012.
Submit your session proposal here
Who we are
We are the place to be in October 2012 for everyone interested in Lean and Kanban in Central and Eastern Europe. Based on our experience with last year‘s conference (http://www.lean-kanban-conference.de/), we are sure to host an unforgettable event for system thinkers, managers, leaders, out-of-the-box-thinkers, entrepreneurs, product developers, and people who care about the way they work.
We are working with these additional Lean & Kanban conferences in Europe:
- Lean Kanban Southern Europe
- Lean Kanban Netherlands
- Lean Kanban France
We are partnering with the Lean Kanban University (LKU) and the Lean Software and Systems Consortium (LSSC).
- Deadline for Submissions: June 30th
- End of Open Review Process: July 8th
- Notification of Acceptance and Final Program online: August 12th
- Conference: October 22-23
Note: The earlier you submit, the earlier you get feedback. This enables you to improve your submission which makes it more likely to be accepted!
- Lean Product Development
- Lean Software Development
- Lean Values
- Process Visualization
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Scaling Lean
- Continuous Improvement
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Systems Design
- Lean Startups
- Agile & Lean
- Enterprise Level Transformation
The abstract should allow all reviewers to get an impression of
- The topic of your talk
- Some highlights of the real content
- How you want to present this
- If it‘s more of an experience report or a theoretical talk (both are valued!)
The abstract should contain about 1,000 - 1,5000 characters (blanks included).
- Session (30-60 min) We highly recommend to include interactive elements in a session format, such as exercises, practices, simulations, games, etc. Based on the reviews and available slots we will offer you either 30, 45 or 60 minutes for your talk.
- Quickie (~10 min) Including but not limited to Lightning Talks, Pecha Kuchas, Ignite Talks, etc.
- Don't know yet Do you have a great format idea that doesn't seem to fit in here? Maybe and almost certainly it could fit in here. Try to convince the reviewers that we need to adapt the conference to your format.
We are using an open review process. During the submission phase we let everyone out there, with the board members, review your submissions publicly. All reviewers have to use a variant form of the Perfection Game (see this page for further information about this). Based on the feedback the board members will decide the final program.
Board members are:
- Markus Andrezak
- Pawel Brodzinski
- Hermanni Hyytiälä
- Klaus Leopold
- Arne Roock
- Karl Scotland
The board is responsible for putting together the final program. They will consider the reviews from the open review process carefully, but will use other criteria as well.